21 December 2009

Don't Underestimate the Power of Natural Makeup

Now, I am going to be honest...I love the idea and concept of natural makeup--especially for women who are not able to wear most makeup due to chemical sensitivities, allergies, etc. However, that said, I am one to still love my tried and true chemical makeup products that do the job. My skin is pretty tough--both in terms of being able to handle chemicals as well as tough to find things that work on it the way they're suppose to work. And I have tried some natural/mineral makeup products in the past that were an absolute waste of time/money, so before trying these, I was a little skeptical...although these were from Tarte, which I loved before I knew it was natural makeup.

So I first lined my eyes upper and lower inner rims with the emphasEYES liner in plum. I loved the very thin, no-need-to-sharpen tip that glided on the skin without a tug. It was fairly light on the first application, so I added a couple more layers which intensified the look. This seems like it would be a great choice for those who are afraid of eyeliners, can't draw a straight line, don't like the harsh look of a liner, and those who hate sharpening their eyeliner. I really loved that it went on so nicely without the thick line.


I also used Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes 4-in-1 Natural Waterproof Mascara. Ok, this is seriously one cool mascara. Not only is it waterproof and give you added volume and length, it has beeswax and carnauba wax (from a plant) and the packaging is biodegradable and recyclable. And did it mention the super cute anchor/marina theme?



And then around my midday shine, I used their T-Zone Travel Natural Shine Control To-Go Kit. I first used the blotting papers (yes, I did have to use multiple sheets being that my face contains more oil than the Middle East), and then I used the super cute brush to dust my face with the shine control powder. I was seriously impressed that the powder did not make me look like I had flour on my face and it kept my natural glow (a.k.a. didn't interfere with my bronzer too much). I will definitely be using this on a regular basis--not to mention, again--how gorgeous is the packaging? I feel like I want to take this and the mascara out to use in public just so I can show off how cute the packaging is. And did I mention that the powder has a ton of good-for-you natural extracts in it? No wonder Kristen Bell and Rachel Bilson love this so much!